My favorite new iPad game as of late is Supercell’s Boom Beach. It’s hella fun.
“Rifleman at the ready! Basic infantry units, the Riflemen are able to deal out and withstand moderate damage. In large enough numbers, they are almost unstoppable.”
- The Rifleman is the first troop unlocked in the game. He’s your go-to guy for many attack situations.
- Riflemen are good average troops with moderate hit points, damage and attack range.
- They have the lowest troop housing space and landing craft can be loaded up with them.
“The Heavy can absorb a lot of damage and still keep on moving forward. He’s happy to draw all the attention, and will take a punch to give a punch!”
- The Heavy is the second troop unlocked in the game.
- The Heavy can be used as a meat shield as he has the second highest health in the game.
“The Tribal Warrior is an awesome sight in battle. He charges fearlessly, knowing that his Crystal Hammer will heal him with every blow.”
- The Warrior is the fourth troop unlocked in the game.
- Warriors use melee attacks rather than guns, and have relatively high damage.
- Warriors have the fastest speed out of all troops.
- The Warrior’s health is higher than a Rifleman’s and can also heal himself through attacking.
“With its powerful gun and thick armor, the Tank is a real war machine! Due to its weight, each Tank needs extra Energy to land ashore. Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines deal double damage to Tanks.”
- The Tank is the fifth troop to unlock in the game.
- The Tank is weak against Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines.
- The Tank has slow movement speed, but high health, DPS and long range.
- Each Tank costs two Gunboat Energy to deploy.
“Make love, not war! The Medic is opposed to all kinds of violence. Instead of grabbing a rifle, he heals other troops to help our cause.”
- The Medic requires Level 15 Headquarters, making it the last troop to unlock.
- The Medic heals other troops, increasing their survivability.
“For long-range attacks, call in the Zooka. A few Zookas can completely devastate a whole enemy base, but don’t let them come under fire from enemy turrets!”
- Zookas are the third troop to unlock, unlocked at Headquarters Level 5.
- Zookas have very high DPS, but their health is very low.
- Zookas carry Bazookas on their shoulders.
Here’s a video from Teach Boom Beach that shows off a new attack strategy involving using Riflemen, Zookas and Medics. You have to obviously be a high enough level to train Medics to use this strategy, but it’s a nice alternative to the usual approach of using just Heavies and Zookas. This attack formation is one of several great Boom Beach secrets out there.